Training and Placement Cell
Poddar Group of Institutions
“Our Motto – Dream, Create and Achieve”
Training and Placement plays a vital role in the success of any Educational Institutions. Keeping today’s scenario in mind where about 50% students with professional degrees fall in the category of unemployed, which means that the students do have the degrees but lack the required skills set to make them fit for the required job.
Poddar group of Institutions vows to bridge that gap and make its students not only mere degree holders but competent personalities in themselves.
With this objective in mind, the training program starts from the very beginning of the academic year. Once a student enters the college, the department ensures imparting the right knowledge, skills, and aptitude in students to make them confident and employable.
Equipping the students with relevant and conceptualized professional skills and guiding them towards a bright future and career with the values of – ‘Sincerity’, ‘Hard Work’ and ‘Ethics’.
Training and Placement Cell is to guide students to choose right career and to give knowledge, skill, and aptitude and meet the manpower requirements of the Industry.
Functions of TP Cell
- To assist students to develop/clarify their academic and career interests, and their short and long-term goals through individual counseling and group sessions and assessments.
- Maintaining and regularly updating the database of students. Maintaining database of companies and establishing strategic links for campus recruitment.
- Gathering information about job fairs and all relevant recruitment advertisements.
- Coordinating with Human Resources Department of companies to learn about their requirements and recruitment procedures.
- Identifying the needs and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training/workshops/seminars for students.
- To assist students for industrial training, Internships, Summer training as per their programs.
- To provide resources and activities to facilitate their career planning process.
- To act as a link between students, alumni, and the employment community.
- Putting up Informative, skill & career based articles on departmental notice boards regarding Competitive & Industrial Career Opportunities.
- Inform students about the available job opportunities in government sectors and off campus drives.
- Arranging Motivational Talks.
- Conducting Psychometric Test.
- Conducting Expectation Management Workshops.
- Conducting Alumni – student Interaction sessions.
Keeping in view the industry requirements, the training activity focuses on the personality development to make the students reliable, with a positive attitude, having good communication skills and able to make right decisions. The focus of training is not limited to, but to develop the following:
- Personality Development
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Resume Preparation & Email Writing
- Group Discussion
- Interview Skills by mock interviews
- Aptitude Training & Practice Tests
- Foreign Languages such as French & German
Placements in Govt. Sector
The College also prepare the students interested in appearing for the Government jobs. They are made to prepare for the Written exams based on Mathematical, Reasoning, English proficiency, followed by Group discussion and Interview preparations.